Mississauga Dental Crowns & Bridges
When patients choose this option, their adjacent natural teeth are filed down to provide space for the covering porcelain. Once this is done, caps or crowns are placed over the adjacent teeth to provide anchors for the bridge (replacement tooth or teeth).
- This option is also reasonably priced and cheaper than some other options.
- No surgery is required.
- Bridges can often be installed quicker than other treatments.
- Bridges present less risk since parts can be replaced without significant pain or effort.
- After having a dental bridge, the alteration to the surrounding teeth is not reversible.
- This process could increase the risk of decay or the need for root canal treatments in the future.
- Replacement is usually needed every 5-10 years.